Not all Background Checks are Created Equally Speaker SeriesMay 28, 2019 7:30 am - 9:00 am
Not all Background Checks are Created Equally Speaker Series
Date: Tuesday, May 28, 2019
Time: 7:30 – 9 am EST
Massasoit Community College
49 Union Street
Background Checks: What Employers Need to Know
- Legally compliant background checks
- Hiring decisions based on background check results
- Know the Source of Information: Cheapest/fastest could end up costing you more!
- CORI – Why most background screening companies don’t offer this MA statewide criminal record search and why that’s bad for you
- Social Media: The good, the bad and the ugly when it comes to Googling your applicants for employment
Meet the Presenter
David C. Sawyer is the President and founder of Safer Places, Inc., a Boston area-based company offering employment screening and security consulting services. Prior to starting Safer Places, Inc. in 2004, Mr. Sawyer was a Senior Vice President with Longwood Security Services, Inc. in Brookline, MA where he managed their Consulting Division, expanding it to include employment background investigations & drug testing services. Prior to this he was Vice President, Security for a Boston based property management company managing over 15,000 residential units across the country. Mr. Sawyer is a member of the National Association of Professional Background Screeners (NAPBS). He is also an active member of ASIS International and is a past Assistant Regional Vice President.
Category: Speaker Series