Speaker Series: Home Ergonomics: Staying safe with home computer set up
Home Ergonomics: Staying safe with home computer set up
Tuesday, January 26, 2021 9:00 a.m. Via Zoom FREE
Objectives: At the end of this presentation participants will:
- Learn optimal set up for home computer use
- Define ergonomic risk factors as identified by OSHA
- Understand basic ergonomic principles as they relate to computer office setting.
- Learn common challenges of working from home on computer
- Learn tips as to how to set up computer properly
Marilyn Zurwaski is an occupational therapist and holds a Bachelor of Science Degree in Occupational Therapy from Boston University. She owns and operates Total Approach Therapy, an occupational therapy private practice and ergonomic consulting business.
Marilyn is an Ergonomic practitioner for the Massachusetts Department of Industrial Accidents, Occupational Safety and Health Training Education Program. In this capacity she performs ergonomic educational training and evaluations for material handling and office environment to identify risk factors and provide solutions to minimize or eliminate risk factors.
Her private clinical practice is located in Middleboro where she provides evaluation and treatment for patients using various techniques including acupressure, postural release technique, and neuromuscular therapy.